Monday, April 22, 2013

An Autumn's Night Walk by Kimberly Stutevoss

An Autumn's Night Walk by Kimberly Stutevoss

The newly changed yellow and orange leaves hang
above us as we walk on by on the mirror
ground. We can see the reflection in the
water left over from the rain that has
recently passed. There are drops that do still
continue to fall from the trees above.
but we are safe from the umbrella that
I carry in my right hand while my left
is intertwined with Harry's. The sky is
a majestical color that reminds
me of a peacock that's shining his many
brilliant colors for all his enemies
to see. In the lake next to the walkway
there are swans sitting in the water. They
look so peaceful and are white as clouds and
the lake is as blue as the sky on a
sunny day as we continue our walk.
There are so many colors on this brisk
autumn's night walk. They are spread across the
sky like the painting of Starry Night.
The night is picturesque and there is nothing
better than this moment. I am filled with
joy as Harry turns to me and kisses
me on the cheek telling me that it's too
cold to stay out on our autumn's night walk
we bundle up in our cozy coats as
we scurry away down through the mirror
ground avoiding all the puddles we may
pass on the way home through the picturesque
night with the stars creeping through the dark sky

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly,

    I love how romantic this poem is. It isn't so blatent with its romantic words but the subtle imagery makes you feel like you re walking with the couple.

    I liked the line,
    " There are drops that do still
    continue to fall from the trees above.
    but we are safe from the umbrella that
    I carry in my right hand while my left
    is intertwined with Harry's"

    It made me feel like I was walking under the trees with someone I love.

    Nice Imagery!

    -madelyn

    ReplyDelete