Thursday, April 25, 2013

One Last Dance By Mylinh Nguyen



One Last Dance
By: Mylinh Nguyen

Rain rain falling on the empty lite streets
Puddles in the ground as I step to my
next beat. “ Shall I have this dance?” I whisper
She nodded as the rain falls softly on
her red tasteless lips. As we intertwine
Her rich maroon dress sweeps on the floor.
Pulling her closer and I can see it
all. The mole on her chin glistens as she smiles.

Take one, take two, she trips we try again.
Now left and right I say once more. “That’s right,
you almost got it.” I said with joy.
I place my hands on her and swing her hips
Splashing in the puddles with disarray.
Hair moving along with the gentle breeze
“Madam, it’s time to go. We must go now
before master finds out we were gone.” said Tabita.

She response, “No, now let me dance this one
last song.” As you wish said Tabita
She pulls out the umbrella so Madam
does not get wet. Master, it is time we
go said the butler. “One more dance” I said

I looked into her eyes and then she knew.
Step one, step two, now again once more.
We sway in the raindrops, dance hand in hand.
The darkened sky is filling with flashes
As you laugh and sing your vision clashes
Jumping and twirling you fall to the ground
Our body moves as one, drench in water.
We danced to the sound of the falling rain
One last twist, one last twirl. the dance had end.



No comments:

Post a Comment