Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cats By Kayla Hall





This is all because of those bloody cats.
My squeaky shoes now ruined by rain and sand,
good thing I got my black umbrella back
and hat to secretly shelter myself.
I pretended to care, holding it far
enough to convince them I was trying.

Of all the places Timbuktu I went,

but the cats were supposed to be sent there.
The fortune I lost, to cats, millions gone.
I loathe that city, I found nothing there 
for me, no grand riches and no romance.
Her will was all about her cats, not I
her butler for almost fifteen plus years.

Sure I drugged her cats, and abducted them

with the intent for them all to... well that
I suppose that could be my undoing.

A lose white handkerchief like Marie's tail

waving in the wind. I despised Marie 
the most, so high maintenance for a cat,
much like Lady Kristen. Her flamboyant 
red dress far too extravagant here.
Looking at them intertwined like a web
so close yet far away, I would rather
share my money with no one but myself.

I could have been the greatest; I could have

had it all, a fortune with personal
assistants to pamper me like a king.
I would never have to lift a finger.
Retirement would suit me like the lady's
silk gloves that grasp her arm like a python.

No comments:

Post a Comment