Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Outside of Bexell by Kimberly Stutevoss


Outside of Bexell by Kimberly Stutevoss

On a nice spring day I sit outside
On a brown bench placed next to the entrance.
People pass by and lock up their bikes
But I only notice the gift of Mother Nature.
I see the greenest grass and pinkest of flowers
That hangs up in the old tree.
With each light breeze that passes
Pretty pink petals fall from the tree
Swirling in circles until it hits the green.

On the other side of the bench that I sit on
There are brown leaves and purple petals
That lay upon the gray ground.
They show that spring is here
With new leaves growing where they use to.

Behind the new spring are the windows of Bexell.
They have guards on the outside that makes it look like a prison.
I imagine being in class on a today like today
Would feel like solitary confinement.
But enough about Bexell there are more gifts to see.

A gold and black striped honeybee buzzes in front of my face
He is in search of pollen from the purple and pink flowers to my left
He doesn’t stay at one flower for long but flies around to as many as he can.
As he flies away so does my attention.
It is too nice of a day to be sitting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment