Monday, April 29, 2013

Fat-bottomed lady By Sanjana Mahesh


Fat-bottomed lady
By Sanjana Mahesh

I look upon the scene with a thin smile
There isn’t much of interest or pleasure
Too much sun, it’s not good for my fair skin
My pale skin prefers the comfort of my
enormously grand house with maids at
my beck and call, but my husband does not
leave me any choice. So I get my fat
bottom up and have to stand in the heat

It’s not so very dreadful I suppose.
I guess standing and walking around here
will help me lose some of my fat bottom
AWW look at that little girl, so poised
If only my daughter had been
elegant, obedient of proper
maybe she would have found a better man
It’s getting so warm, yet here I stand in black
A top hat to show I stand above them

Sigh, Why is there a dog with no collar?
What sort of person would think it proper
to bring an unleashed dog or throw trash here
I wish my mister would say let’s get going
This park is bustling and much louder
than I recall. My nerves cannot handle
the stress. Unfortunate that I grew up.
What if I had never outgrown my frock
What if I could frolic here forever
What if I could appreciate the sun
What if I could play with my pet monkey
What if my whole life could begin again
What if my fat bottom wasn’t so fat


No comments:

Post a Comment