Monday, April 29, 2013

The Entrepreneur by Connor Kaplan



The Entrepreneur by Connor Kaplan
I sit there on the shore calm, daydreaming.
Wondering the what ifs and nows.
 Starring blankly into the water for
an answer that will not be told through it.
Listening to the commotion behind.
I think about who I am, what I am.
And then I remember who I am, I’m
Sir Hammerlock the fourth of the British.
I remember that I am of wealth,
but  deserve none of it, and want to work.
So I have travelled to Paris to work on
my inventions, hoping for inspiration.
So far I have had no luck, and so I
find myself chasing for a wife, but fail.
Yet even with all of this wealth, I fail.
Even with the blessing of god, I fail.
Maybe it is because I don’t have my
fathers acceptance as a gentleman
The one good idea I have had was to
come to this island, to relax, to think.
The water looks so inviting, so cool,
I just want to jump in, but my attire.
Why must I carry a cane, wear a suit,
and put on this fancy top hat, stupid.
As I slap my face I look over to
see a strapping young lass looking at me.
Maybe she is the one, but what if she
rejects me like the others. Oh I know!
I will stop the dog eating her home food.
Alright it is now or never, let’s go!

No comments:

Post a Comment