Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Japanese Cherry Blossom


People running, walking, biking and talking
The first nice day in awhile
Two old friends eat lunch in the grass 
Their hair flicking through to and fro
ahead of me
Like a scene from the wizard of oz
A path leading to something so curious
Vines intertwining together reaching for the sky
Green leaves peak a boo through their gaps
The Sun fighting to beam through, reflecting against the pavement
The grass below hugs to the bark dust edging this eerie place
Behind me blooms a tree, its branches spreading across the sunlit sky, catching the warmth of the rays
Flowers growing wild along the limbs basking in this dazzling day
A bench shaded beneath the tree welcomes me
I look around as birds chirping and whistling in the distance
The wind blows and the soft pink pedals trickle through the sky
My nose tickles as the scent of Japanese Cherry Blossom fills the air
Memories flicker through my head
Dazed and confused I flash back to that warm spring day
My grandmother pushing me on the swing in my backyard
I close my eyes and feel the cool breeze sting my rosy cheeks
Crying “higher, higher” as we join in laughter
Just then as it starts to feel so real
I’m snapped back to reality by the sound of people passing by the cherry blossom tree
The breeze blows again and the scent of my grandma’s perfume reminds me that she’s here

No comments:

Post a Comment