Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Big Things (Character Sketch) Levi Kyllo

I am sailing down the river, windward
When my thoughts go array, every which way.
Turning my head to see the shore, I gasp
At the sight of how far I've come today.

My father and mother are beaming with
Pride. I smile, thinking back to older times.
When the shore was still fresh and the glory
New, people looked up to me. Kinda cool.

I saved litte ones from dark-dreaded foes
And fought of unwanted guests during the night.
A great knight of the sea, some might call me
'Cause back where I'm from, I am a big deal.

The broadest of shoulders a man can get,
I stand six feet tall, my ego taller.
The life of a sailor ain't so easy,
Day and night, rudders and water and strife.

I like to remember when I was a
Young lad, my father teaching me to sail
In the warm waters of the sea, next to
France, called the Mediterranean Sea.

Showing off our wealth was a normal thing,
Everybody else was doing the same!
No one looked down on me. I was happy.
When I got to the States, everything changed.

People didn't have a ton of money
To spend on a brand new Catamaran.
I adapted to this new place, barely.
I grew up. Thought I was better than them.

Taught to be proud, I still look down on them
For not having the same boat that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment