Monday, April 29, 2013

The Shoe Man- By Hauoli Kahaleuahi



Oh the waiting game, why am I nervous?
Quit it, wipe sweat, pull yourself together.
Foolish Mateo, a day-dreamer, work
Is your purpose, sell these damn shoes and leave.

What wonderful water, where the hell is
She? God please send a beauty, Pierre had
Promised she was a peach, I tend to trust
Him, we work together for heaven’s sake!

I remember days of rowing as a
Young boy, freckled-faced, always burnt by sun,
Splashing, soaking others, wait a second!
Is that her? In the red? Damn, no, too flat.

Just look at this place, I love it, always
Have. The free-growing trees, closest thing to
A jungle I’ve seen. Paris, so crowded,
I’m glad Pierre sent me out here today.

Women take forever, always so long.
Men wait, like me, at waterfront’s edge, wait.
It was the waterfront, I remember,
The inspiration for a new, blue shoe,
Pierre and I loved it, sold out in days.

One pair was saved, Pierre insisted on
It, for her, the slow woman making me
Wait, forget not to mention, it’s fucking
Hot, maybe mid nineties, higher even!

I don’t think I could marry this woman,
She’s five minutes late, seriously? Come
On! The sail boats in front, beautiful
I might add, are creeping along faster
Than her. Pierre is busy, I’m waiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment