Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Nonsense poem Donovan Acuna


Nonsense
Shari’s what a place to be one of the best, certainly.
I know every waiter, waitress and boss
but the customers they always change.
Occasionally I notice those others,
the others who have noticed me and a friend
the friend I always come here to eat with.
Tim is the most courageous, fighting trough his studders
Just to see you smile, laugh or eat.
The others know the practice too, but Tim has them beat.
Today I came to study though, to get back on my feet.
There is no nonsense that hunger can’t cause
and there is nothing I cannot eat now
in this moment I live, no different than another
yet it is not even close to the same.
I mean I lived yesterday at 9 PM.
Today I live again, the moment is no different
except for what is happening in them.
So today is a new day, new night to be exact.
If I knew Shari I’d tell her she’s great, the inspiration
Of a chain that holds my stomach so tight or jeans I mean.
Making my stomach expand and bloat.
I gorge on what’s savory and seldom what is sweet
but I when I do it’s ripe, a banana cream pie shake.
It’s a perfect mixture of what should be on your plate
in a pair of cups, one glass and tin.
I’ll share if I want, touch if you dare.
This milkshake is mine unless for you I care
for you platonically or not, again touch if you dare.
Shari really gets me, if she were a person.
The menu is always the same, but the pictures might be different.







No comments:

Post a Comment