Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dive In (Ekphrastic Poem) Levi Kyllo





 
Dive In
by Levi Kyllo
 
Diving into both the sky and the sea,
The white contrasts the blue like winter's day.
Snow on the ground match the clouds in the sky,
Water on bottom, atmosphere on top.
 
Can any inhibate the area?
Too pretty to handle, too much to bear,
No man lives here, no man ever been worthy
To wake up to such a wonderous sight.
 
Dwelling on the cloudy mist in the sky,
Breathing in the crispy air, the frosty
Frozen winter air piercing into her
Soft lungs, she appreciates her big home.
 
It is like a double-sided ocean,
Wanting to be discovered, explored, now.
So opportunistic, the clouds shout "yes"
To all that wish to make the journey here.
 
I stand in awe, complete and total shock
Looking down to the depths of her blueness,
Wanting to dive in, experience her
To the fullest extent, but then I look
 
Up, and my mind wants to be THERE. Up there.
The heavens so vast, I want to go up,
Up, up to find out what else could be there.
What would I find there? Anything profound?
 
Unexpected? Earth-shattering? Worldly?
Is it all that I have ever dreamed of?
The land I stand on, this middle-ground here
Is the best place to be, best of all three.
 
You see, it's oh so simple! Can't you see?
This place with two oceans is quite special
To someone like me, someone willing to
Ponder her sweet double-sided ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment