Sunday, June 2, 2013

today by amber rose

Knots, a thousand lights
Beaming at me and I am blinded
I sit here in this all whit e room with all white clothes
The lights dim down and darkness fills the sky
A bridge appears with waves crashing below
I cross it quickly as it leads to
An old stone castle siting above these treacherous waters
Looking down through holes in its floor boards
The mist of the colliding waves dampens my face
The castle begins to rock
Waves becoming too much for the deteriorating beams
Searching for stability as I run to the end of a hallway
Beneath my feet everything begins to crumble
I fall into the deep waters
Frozen by the ice cold waves
I drown



---------------------------------------------------
Poem of the Day: Habeas Corpus
BY BRIAN SWANN
Knots, a thousand lights, in  
   sheer dark, aimed at my window,  
tinny crystals, so mother dies  
   in my sleep. The snow turns  
coarse, goes out. An axe sounds  
   where I'd never heard an axe before.  
Breathing becomes dangerous. I can't  
   help it, making me her, even  
before I was born, her brain burning  
   out patterns I follow like will  
o' the wisps, sparks popping.  
   I put on heels and find I can balance,  
twist my spine, bend to get my seams  
   straight on my own, no one to  
call on, like she called me, sheer nylon  
   turning on sheer skin under my palms.  
I pull on the ratty musquash coat.  
   I have the body. I move off in it,  
eddying, trying to see who I am now.  
   I totter down the street thinking,  
one day he'll be sorry. And here I am.  
   Sorry. I watch her getting smaller  
up the road. I watch us both, till  

   nothing's all there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment