Thursday, June 6, 2013

Splatters of you By Madelyn Miller

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000183 EndHTML:0000005759 StartFragment:0000001991 EndFragment:0000005723 SourceURL:file:///Users/Jessica/Desktop/Poems/The%20splatters%20of%20you.doc
The Splatters of You:


I love you as if you were folded.
Oragami in form, intreging at each crease.
But you are not delicate like a paper crane.
I cannot hang you from twine above my bed.

And if you were origami I would make your paper by hand.
A pulpy mache flattened to dry in the sun.
Taking time to scrape every last morsel from under my nails.
Firm presses. Integrations of you to calico sheets.

I saw a man once sitting curbside.
Knees to chin and curved spine.
He srpung up just before downpour.
Scattering chalk on dry cement. Sorbet displays with tangerine peaks.
A frenzy of colors, like it poured from him.

As the clouds parted he settled back. Un sheltered from the rain.
Knees to chin and curved spine. A chrmoatic osmosis.
Kalidescope swirls collect in cracks, bringing new life to his scatters.
He placed blank pages ontop puddles.
Dying them unexplained.
I love you in that way.

If you were origami I would dwell on the patterns of you.
Freckle your corners, creating the splatters of you.
The knotted scars that punctuate your skin.
The swift tendancy of your jaw.
I would spare no instance.

And if I were to unfold you, and fold you again,
I could admire you differntly.
If you grew taddered and freyed like old origami,
I would crouth near you, knees to chin and curved spine.
Loving you as if you were folded.
Anticipating the unnoticed; the underestimated lines of you

No comments:

Post a Comment