Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Lazy (Imitation) by Kody Cayson

I often do what others ask,
Not asking for anything in return.
I indulge those who need to be indulge,
Nodding my head with the occasional agreement,
Even if I don’t agree, I don’t want an enemy.
Giving to others more than their fair share,
Some are grateful and some almost too cold to bare.
Sometimes I just sit silent, waiting for someone else
To come along and do the favor.
A favor to me, taking the responsibility that I feel.
Every now and then if I pretend I don’t hear
The person will go away to bug another.
Guilt seeps in like the cold night through
And open window, or the moon like
Through the cracked blind.
Maybe I’m too nice, that’s what I’ve been told,
A compliment they say. No, I’m not sold.
Bitterness is not good, its not praised.
Act bitter towards me and I am not phased.
I hope for the best, but it doesn’t stop there,

I work for the best, and try to share.

(Imitation of Audio poem "Lazy" by David Yezzi)

No comments:

Post a Comment