Friday, June 7, 2013

A poem that begins (imitation) Abhishek Raol

A poem that begins by Abhishek Raol

I don't love you as if you were a rose of salt topaz,
I love you as if you were the salt on my eggs,
I love you because you make my life tasty,

Yet you clog my arteries and ruin my heart
you'll kill me early and end my life
yet everytime I sit down with an egg I reach for the salt

I eat you because you're there
I eat you because you make me happy for

the second and a half you're in my mouth
I think I'll buy some rock salt, or brown salt
or replace you with sugar or even sand

SO the next time I sit down with my eggs
I'll have a mouthful of beach and it'll be like I'm at the beach
rolling in the warm sand, the salty sand

that I put on my eggs sunny side up
Like the universal sun

No comments:

Post a Comment