Monday, June 3, 2013

Nonsense and no sense By Sanjana Mahesh

Nonsense and no sense
(word poem)
By Sanjana Mahesh

No more  pretending to be a kitten and flying a kite with Dad
Far past the ages of a paint can and a bendable straw
Back when here was no need to know how to use a can opener
I did not know the difference between Henry VIII and President Obama much less,
Whether he was from Atlantis or Hawaii
Summers spent in our lighthouse, where food was plenty and the sand bucket was my friend on the desert.
I found home on the shores, searching for a mermaid. On my 8th birthday I found two. I named one Benjamin Franklin and another Abhishek.
Preferring cello to the chalkboard,
Bouncing to eat desert, searching for can openers
Running through sprinklers that shot icicles
Never more are the times where happiness  is silly string and cake crumbs

Now the IRS is my hero and I must brilliant on as an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment