Thursday, June 6, 2013


Living in Filth
By: JoJo Ball

I look around my room and notice that
I’m surrounded by the left over heaps
of useless junk that has accumulated
over only a few days of living.
There’s trash everywhere and yet an empty trash can

Walking to class through the littered streets full
of the ignorant residual crap
left over by the uneducated
citizens with nothing but the best of
intentions, when there’s an empty trash can

The new sign at my favorite place to swim
advises not to enter the water
because it’s unsanitary to do so.
My dog swims out to get an old pop can
left when there’s a trash can up the trail.

The haze that lingers over the city
can be seen from anywhere I go.
The polluted atmosphere suffocates
whatever trees that still stand while the
others have been disposed of into trash cans.

I think it’s about time to clean this mess.
It starts with the trash in my room today,
maybe less litter in the street tomorrow
can take away the sign by next week
and clear the haze above the city someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment