Thursday, June 6, 2013

Wandering Vessel by abhishek raol

Wandering Vessel
By Abhishek Raol
Blue, short, fast, busy, biking, happy
Everyone doing everything going everywhere
Twelve screaming chimes tingle our ears
One tall brick time telling tower

I the middle of our world
Carefully conducting our lives
Telling us where to go and when
Yet each person is their own vessel,

Navigating a crowded port
Some sturdy and strong, others small and short
With its own captain and compass set
Every mast in the mass blowing in its own wind

In the middle of the busy sea
A ship with its compass closed and sails folded
Floating aimlessly, like a rubber duck
In an empty bathtub

Motionless while I walk
My sight lost in light, uncensored by clouds
The heat hitting my skin with the intensity
Of a million meteors falling out of the sun

Nobody seems to notice me noticing
Nobody seems to notice the cloud floating
The size of a small snowy island
Stranded in the vast ocean above

Little fish flap their wings and fly away
My neck bent and stuck like a straw
I finally look down to cool, hard, grey rock
Splitting my vision in two

The horizon blue sky touches the concrete horizon
Paper flutters across the ground like11
A disturbed flock of swans
Two wheels still spinning

But not as fast as my scattered thoughts
I push my face off the concrete
Two bikes, four backpacks and a lot of unhappy faces

I should have steered my ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment