Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Astronomer Like Him By ERIKA BEAVER (imitation)

Astronomer Like Him
By ERIKA BEAVER

My grandfather once told me to look up.
To the night sky, and describe what I saw.
It looks like a glitter volcano erupt.
We glanced over at each other in awe.
The first thing I notice is Orion’s Belt,
He is always my favorite constellation.
Looking at the night stars, I never felt
Such a strong and overwhelming temptation
To become an astronomer like him.


Poem of the Day: When I Heard the Learn’d Astronomer

Posted: Fri, 31 May 2013 00:00:00 -0600
When I heard the learn’d astronomer,
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me,
When I was shown the charts and diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them,
When I sitting heard the astronomer where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
How soon unaccountable I became tired and sick,
Till rising and gliding out I wander’d off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment