Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Curtains Closing

The Curtains are Closing By Abhishek Raol

The room doesn’t smell normal
A mixture of rotting minds,

Tired breaths and empty coffee cups
Every other exhale is a sigh of annoyance

My eyes like heavy velvet curtains
After a long droning orchestra

Strings strained unable to hold the heavy fabric
About to tear and let the curtain collapse

To the ground exploding a cloud of dusty
Thoughts trapped by the giant blanket

That I so badly want to crawl into
And let my dreams climb it’s soft

Mountain like folds and travel across
The smooth terrain, jumping in a diving

Off cliffs that feel like clouds
But I hit the bottom with a loud bang

My head stings, my eyes open, but I can’t see,
I awake from my dream to look up at the light

Screaming at me with the intensity of the sun
On the brightest day of the summer

The words on my paper seem to have changed language
I feel lost in the letters and numbers

Like a student in an exotic country
Who are learning to build computers with sticks

Suffocated by all the paper on my desk
Drowning in my own thoughts

Of failing and not finishing
My bed next to my desk taunting me

I want to open it’s soft fluffy covers
Like a giant curtain opening for tonight’s dreams

But the string isn’t strong enough
The curtain falls with a bang


My head stings, my eyes open, but I can’t see…

No comments:

Post a Comment