Monday, June 3, 2013

I dreamed I was Old imitation By Sanjana Mahesh


Avoid It
By Sanjana Mahesh

I dreamed that I was old
past the age of heffalumps and snargles
where the wild things are was a lost dream
no more good nights, only wake upping
repitiveness gets old and older we get
aging fine like wine or withering like arbor ridges
Where are the dinosaurs dining in the sandbox
guarding the hot wheels, future machines
unlike transformers that evolved
even evolution was doubted
doubtful I grew, thoughts matured, thinking became
disbelief, dissolution of dreams
that turn to all nighters of homework
finals are fruits that rot
decaying knowledge under stress borne from roots
of preparation and false studying
not even procrastination cannot avoid aging


Posted: Sun, 19 May 2013 00:00:00 -0600
I dreamed that I was old: in stale declension   
Fallen from my prime, when company
Was mine, cat-nimbleness, and green invention,   
Before time took my leafy hours away.

My wisdom, ripe with body’s ruin, found   
Itself tart recompense for what was lost
In false exchange: since wisdom in the ground   
Has no apocalypse or pentecost.

I wept for my youth, sweet passionate young thought,
And cozy women dead that by my side   
Once lay: I wept with bitter longing, not   
Remembering how in my youth I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment