Friday, June 7, 2013

Human Race by Connor Kaplan



Human Race by Connor Kaplan
I do mind the human race.
I might have gotten use to them
but they cause so much pain.
In the past couple thousand years they have grown so much.
From just a simple ape to the worlds super predator.
They have learned to control the elements.
They have learned to turn the most basic thing
into a destructive force.
They have changed other species to help them in their conquest.
They take what they want and choose to destroy to build,
And they won’t  stop until nothing is left.
===============================================================

Poem of the Day: Discrimination

Posted:Sat, 01 Jun 2013 00:00:00 -0600
I don't mind the human race.   
I've got pretty used to them   
In these past twenty-five years.   
I don't mind if they sit next   
To me on streetcars, or eat   
In the same restaurants, if   
It's not at the same table.   
However, I don't approve   
Of a woman I respect
Dancing with one of them. I've   
Tried asking them to my home   
Without success. I shouldn't   
Care to see my own sister   
Marry one. Even if she
Loved him, think of the children.   
Their art is interesting,   
But certainly barbarous.   
I'm sure, if given a chance,   
They'd kill us all in our beds.   
And you must admit, they smell.


No comments:

Post a Comment