Friday, June 7, 2013

October is Like by Abhishek Raol

October is like by Abhishek Raol

If October is like thick and heavy pumpkin juice
Then May is like vibrant fizzy grape soda
I don't like pumpkins unless they
are artificial and flavored with grape candy
I'd prefer the cool refreshment of
a plump juicy grape

Earlier today It was a runner followed by a car
Followed by this biker
all of whom race past
feeling the thrill of
the world flying past as they race down
the rocky grey road
I've never seen what's around the turn
I've only gotten a glimpse as autumn comes
around and I peek through the leafless twigs
and branches of my friends
I love when the wind comes, hoping
that it will pull me out of my roots
and take me flying down the road

that lucky stone luckily placed on the
partition of the fat green collosal trees
the body under almost tanning a little
from the magnificent rays of the sun
He never saw much of it in his time in the world
always tucked away in some corner of a tall
cement tower
typing away furiously upon his keyboard
his only pet and best friend his mouse
looking at his desktop screen
some image of a sunny place where
the trees separated to lighten up some
piece of rock
well he has the rest of forever to
feel some warmth against that piece
of cold hard stone

No comments:

Post a Comment