Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Walking in the Frost By ERIKA BEAVER

Walking in the Frost
By ERIKA BEAVER

I wandered for hours out in the frost
The sound beneath my feet was a familiar crunch
Like talking with a long time childhood friend
Which reminds me of someone who is French

He is not very much like a ninja
But he does enjoy a game of Jenga
I’ve told him that is not very gangster
He agreed, he’d rather just go ganja

One day when I was feeling a lot of pressure
He told me of a time when he wore a dress
This of course made me start to be depressed
So I asked him if he had ever felt oppressed

My friend said he has always been quite free
And that made me start to become more alive
So I reached in my pocket and picked out a vile
Held it in the air and took a deep breath

Back to reality, in a society
Something that gets in the way is politics
It makes me not want to be very social
So as I walk I stare at the frost on the wall

And think to myself, what it will be like post-war
I hear a slight banging of metal pots
I wonder if they are ever going to stop
I sure hope they are cooking something raw

On my walk I came across some graveyards
Before I know it, it is starting to get dark
Dark enough where I can hardly see my shadow
The sunset is crisp, yet peaceful and yellow

I think tomorrow I want to go to the zoo
And listen to the rambling animals music
Makes me imagine a pandas fur, like silk
And wonder if I will see a monkey do a trick

One time when I was sleeping in a tent
I woke up startled, because I forgot to pay rent
So I called my landlord and asked for an extend
But he said no, and our relationship descent


As I’m almost home I see the chimney pipe
I came in, took off my shoes, content to be home and hide
I thought about the zoo, and what fun it might ignite
But right now I just want to be out of sight.





No comments:

Post a Comment