Thursday, June 6, 2013


All the Years Between
By: JoJo Ball

I don’t love you as if you were a rose of salt, topaz.
Nothing worldly could describe it.
In fact I would say nothing at all.
Perhaps it could be described as all the
best parts of the greatest things on
Earth. Like spending all day playing
in the sunshine yet without the
sunburns, the pouring sweat, the constant
threat of bees, the allergies or the
dehydration. Or like kittens without
the whining, the defecation or the
constant need for attention. Still after
this long, I can’t place my finger on
what it is about you that makes you
perfect. I know what it is, I know
The feeling but it’s indescribable.
I once thought that perfection
didn’t exist. Steven Hawking claims
that if perfection did exist then
physics wouldn’t work. But what does he know
about Chemistry? The chemistry
between me and you? What does he know
about you, my definition of perfection?
To me perfect is a feeling and I felt it
when I met you and I’ll feel it when we
grow old including all the
intricate years between

No comments:

Post a Comment