Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Wind By Amber Rose



I was walking home through the park one day
As the sun found my face so did the rain
The flowers blossoming from head to toe
I decide to sit here and take a rest
Thunder roars and lightning beam above the tree

When a young man turned in from a corner singing 
His voice danced inside my head while I watch
He rounds the corner his voice disappears
The frogs in the meadow began to cry
The sun had gone to bed where had time went

Flowers closed beside me they are dreaming
Dreaming of being as tall as the clouds
Pedals soft that soar in the summer wind
They dream of being the most vibrant plants
Attracting the biggest bees to spread joy

The grass dreams of thickness and dark green sprouts
Trees hope for strong branches for kids to play
Field mice running for food fast in their sleep
While birds spread their wings and soar through the night
Little bugs they catch will not dream tonight

I open my eyes and pass the meadow
Rounding the corner joining him in song
He looks at me and smiles as we walk home
Handing me a letter as we drift ways
I lay down on my bed and start to read

Sometimes it feels even when no one is there
Someone, something watching and listening
We think no one saw nor heard or was there
But I heard the flowers dream of blossoms
So grow little flower and fight for the bees

No comments:

Post a Comment