Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Note By Ellyssa Pearce


I found a note on a happy day
The air was cool and crisp
Writing in a foreign mind
The voice seemed to have a lisp

From a place that did not resemble
Anything that I have seen
Placed on sheer white paper
The binding sewn at the seams

writes what neither here nor there
And tossed in the weather
The day fun and crazy quick
She found an eagle feather

I liked the note and all its contents
The way she wrote my name
Was all curly and mix match color
It took away the pain

So I took out a pen and sheet
Answered back the questions
The scribbles matching color
And some thoughts for a lesson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Song

by Randall Mann
I found my muster station, sir.
My skin is patent leather.
The tourists are recidivists.
This calm is earthquake weather.

I’ve used up all the mulligans.
I’d kill to share a vice.
The youngster reads a yellowed Oui.
The socialite has lice.

The Europe trip I finally took
was rash and Polaroid,
was gilt, confit, and bathhouse foam.
And I cannot avoid

the end: I will not die in Paris,
won’t rest for good behind
a painted mausoleum door.
The purser will not find

me mummified beneath your tulle,
and Paris will not burn.
Today is Thursday, so I’ll die.
Come help me pick my urn.

No comments:

Post a Comment