Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Women Like Me imitation- Jeannette Beebout


Women Like Me Imitation

To be the most cherished in the family,
is a blessing and a curse. It is the ultimate
challenge to top what was already done before.

First, you must set the example. Lead grace,
cook dinner, and wash dinner plates. All
before your studies, and after you have
competed with buddies. Don’t think you will
go grocery shopping looking like that…
You must be an 8 or stay home. Rub mom’s
back when she’s tired, and fetch dad’s tools
since you have no brother. Now, I am
on my own. You’ve done it all before,
but with guidance. Now all you have are
the expectations. Keep up the good work,
don’t let them down or you’ll be the reason
that they’re in the ground. With great pressure
will out come a diamond. Or, a black, sludgy, cold
piece of shit. Why do I have to be broken down and
built up high with each member’s thoughts?
I presume you to be as bitter as me. Choose
someone else. They will always be compared,
though. Because I am the best, the worst, the
smartest, and the most mistaken. Who should be
remembered?

No comments:

Post a Comment