Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ripple of Dimples- Madelyn Miller


Ripple of Dimples:

That feeling of longing.
Like in the morning minutes
wishing to go back to a dream
I clenched my eyes so tight

I see you in the funniest places
On a crumbled receipt
That feeling of longing, a recording of our costs.
One large popcorn and red vines
That $7.25 feeling of  longing.
You have no idea how warm your chest is in a cold movie theater.
From frost bit to flutter frenzy

I have this feeling sometimes that you are with me
A familiar place
That feeling of longing is a scent for me at times.
An Odoriferous display of your pheromone

It's a scent that feeling of longing.
I would know it best.
Using one of your tees as a pillow case.
My chin and forehead swapped angles to better my nose

There is this thing you do when you blink.
It's like your nose blinks too.
It is my favorite thing to watch on your face.
Tiny dimple ripples on the top of your nostril with every flutter of you lid

That fluttering feeling of longing
That ripple of dimples and cool rush I get.
I am soothed by you even in my longing for you.
Cooing... Signaling.. Thrashing for your response.

No comments:

Post a Comment