Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Emotion Poem


Jeannette Beebout
WR 241
April 10, 2013
Emotion Poem
Two days. I spent two days locked in my room
After we dated. I was a zombie who,
despite the desire to, just couldn’t escape my fate.

He was my one and only, there was no other.
His lips made my knees buckle and his voice was that of God.
Throat dry, and my young palms dripped with sweat.
All joking aside, I hoped that he didn’t need a hand!

With every glance of his eyes, I felt pain,
a piercing and sharp blow to my brain like lightening
on a hot summer Oregon night.
Accompanied by thunder and rain, too.

My heart banged repeatedly behind my breastbone.
I was practically a pre-pubescent boy, my voice cracking
and tones fluctuating like a dolphin leaping in and out of the sea.

I had an unlimited supply to
total euphoria. Chris was the dealer
and I, the addict, never to come down.
Now my eyes are swollen and my cheeks are soaked.

I hated him. A deeper hate, I thought, than the Jews felt towards Hitler, or the blacks to slave owners.
He was the monster who ruined my life.
How would I get over this heart ache?
Oh to have the luxury of that concern.
I couldn’t fathom how I was even alive.

The ringing in my ears wouldn’t stop, and the hole, the size of a cannonball in my heart.
I would sleep until tomorrow, only to be awaken
By the noise although I was alone. My heart…
Was dead, and my mind was in overdrive.

I could not escape. I don’t know how or
when I got to where I am now, but I am relieved,
Mr. Hunter, that I didn’t have to drag you along.

No comments:

Post a Comment