Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Beginning and Ending by: Nicole Busch


A Beginning and Ending
By: Nicole Busch

I don’t love you as if you were a rose of salt, topaz,
As if your petals fell slowly to the ground,
Every time you saw the glimmering shadows of my face,
Or my name was so much as whispered, by word of mouth.

I don’t love you as if you were rain on a summer’s day,
As if you cast a spell over those happy, alive,
Its like you stood watch, ready to catch your prey,
Ready to sprinkle acid-like raindrops on everyone’s parade.

I don’t love you as if you were a tart and bitter mango,
As if you cringed at the sound of my harmonic and angelic voice,
The first bite, the sour juice, the unpleasant glare,
You get the shivers as if my wonderful sensation crept you out.

I don’t love you, as if you could ever learn to love me,
For love is a foreign concept, word,
Unspoken bond and phrase that links two separate worlds
In the universal sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment