Thursday, May 23, 2013

my shirt by kimberly stutevoss


 my shirt

I remember when I first got my shirt
How excited I was to wear it proud
It's white collar crew neck started the stripes
Down the shirt of gray and white with purple
Designs in the middle distracting the Stripes.
The fabric is so soft, very comfy 
It's a size small from the new store down the street,
American Apparel
A non scratch tag that doesn't bother me
Like other tags in shirts have.
It is a perfect combination of
Cotton and polyester making it
My favorite shirt ever. I thought I had lost
It a few months ago but while I was
Cleaning I found it stuffed in the back of
My closet. Dusty and smelly I put
It in the wash. Wash with cold water and
Like colors and then tumble dry it low.
When I pulled it out it was warm against
My skin reminding me of how my mom
Would dump the dried clothes onto me as a
Kid and I would feel the warm embrace me
Like a huge blanket keeping me warm and cozy.
The sound of the garage door reminds me
 that I have work to get back to like homework,
but lets be honest
I will be watching television
Wearing my favorite striped shirt with a purple design

No comments:

Post a Comment