Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sales Imitation- Jeannette Beebout


Jeannette Beebout
“Sales” Imitation

Creating an island oasis in my head,
the first things I need are sun, water,
and the beach. I close my eyes and see
no one. This paradise is the Red Island.
The mojito green trees and
unpronounceable fruit it bears
protect me from the UV rays.
Although, I do like my Vitamin D!
Maybe I have figured out the
reason why this place is named Red Island.
The pop of cherry that occurs on
any small exposed skin turns,
is a dead giveaway for the islands
pneumonic. Take those pricey and
unnecessary heels off,
and stretch out on the clean sand
you so much deserve to lie on. Feel
the small grains exfoliate your body,
the skin kiss, the draw out every drop
of moisture from your corpse.
Run and crash into the tide that
so nicely stays low during this time of
year. Smile, sing, dance and love like you
never have before. Taste the Malibu
coconut rum hit your lips…
I open my eyes to sadly and suddenly
realize I have been standing in 7/11.
I’m on my lunch break and I sip
the Pina Colada flavored Slurpee
that tasted so tropical. It is my escape
between stocking shelves and leading
those snooty customers around because,
let’s face it, they can’t shop for themselves.
I need to make a sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment