Thursday, May 30, 2013

Reaction by Kody Cayson

I read a thought put into words,
Just letters on a page that form a word,
These words turn to sentences,
Sentences about me.

I didn’t write it, should I write back?
I guess I can try. No harm in that.

Talks of memories past, that leaves
A sour taste when wrote like that.
Sweet to one and bitter to another,
What was milk chocolate to me was a dark to you.

That morning smile, I adored that.
Waking up too early, staying up too late.
I know that I didn’t ask you on enough dates.
I should’ve tried harder, should’ve done more.

Funny thing is I got a job with youth,
Helping those who couldn’t help themselves.
So paths aren’t too different,
Just a different message.

With life around the corner
I have thought a lot.
Arguments unneeded, needing to be right.
I was wrong, and you were right.

You were better, like a diamond next to coal,
Seeing what I could be in time.
Caring heart and open mind,
You’ll be great; others will see your shine.

You might be changed, but so am I.
You don’t know what I’d think anymore,
I envy you.
Someone always caring,
Someone always there.
God in your life.

We never had a song,
We never had a cliché.
I never want one, I want something original.
Something no one else can claim.

Stubborn we might have been,
May still be. I still have the best memories.
Sneaking down at night, out in the morning.
The nightmares that brought you to me.

Sushi rolls, and Netflix.
Froyo and sick beach trips.
Benny was my love, but a mommy’s boy.

A poetry class starts when a heart aches,
A tinge of pain in all these works.
So close, so quiet, no eye contact.
A secret just ours, 30 classmates and a teacher lack.

Probably never…
Rings a sad cord, a sound so hallow.
Hallow this may sound too, but

I truly am sorry to be without ___.

No comments:

Post a Comment