Thursday, May 30, 2013

Brothers by Kody Cayson

My friends are getting old.
Birthdays every weekend, something every night.
There is no more boring days, no more boring nights.
Never alone, even if I wanted to be.

I’m thankful for my brothers,
Even though I am an only child.
A family away from family.
A fraternity. It’s a stereotyped word,
But to me it has been a support.

A net for a tightrope walker,
A roll cage for a racecar,
A helmet for a biker,
A cast for a broken leg.

Not letting me miss out,
Even homework is fun with a table full of friends.
Every night my phone rings again.
They don’t know how I needed them.

We made this together, we started it fresh.
Countless nights staying up late,
Early morning meetings on weekend,
And hard work that bonded us.

Leaving behind my mark on campus,
We started a Fraternity that practices what is preaches.
To make better men, to make better friendships.
Brothers not by blood, but by choice.




No comments:

Post a Comment