Tuesday, May 21, 2013

One Shoe and Splintered Hands- Madelyn Miller (edit)


Maybe I am in over my head
And a ladder balances there
It's above me.. Out of reach
Daunting.. Dismayed.. Dismal.

I did try you know; To climb it.
Arm then leg.
I splintered my hands
Maybe I am in over my head
Its a pool of mossy muck above

I did try you know..
To cross it.

Sloshing and slithering..

I lost my shoe to its dense silt.
Tried prying it with pliers but left it instead..
Maybe I am in over my head
With my one shoe and splintered hands

It is better at times to pluck a splinter
or leave a shoe than to sit across lagoons
with festering flies
or under rickety pegged ascending dowels.
Mucky water leaves you coated it it's minerals..
And ladders are made for progression toward the butter clouded sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment