Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I Dreamed That I Was Old by Kody Cayson (imitation)

I had a dream I was old.
My body ached and hands were cold.
Wrinkles covered my face, hands and arms too,
There was nothing that I could do.

Young people surrounded me, faces so bright,
These faces I knew, but only that night.
Kids that were mine and kids of their own,
Pictures of kids that were all grown.

I couldn’t believe that I didn’t remember,
It was a cold day in late December.
Presents around a grand tree,
A tree that was old just like me.

How I wanted to go back and be young.
I wanted to dance I missed out on so much fun.
A tear slide down my check, icy cold
It left a glistening streak.

I turned to my left and saw a woman as old as I,
That’s when I knew life hadn’t past me by.
I had a family that cared,
Again I started to cry.

I awoke twenty-one years old.
No one about his dream I ever told.

My dream of the night when I was old.

(Imitation of Stanley Kuntiz's "I Dreamed That I Was Old")

No comments:

Post a Comment