Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Human Bondage of Atlas Underwater Amber Rose



Sitting here with the memories burning
Smoke filling the skies around where I lay
The smell of our past suffocating me
I thought you were my savior from this mess
But you were the one who pulled the trigger
You just watched my life crumble around me
Here I am for this crazy world to see
Paralyzed in my head blaming myself
You assured me that it would be alright
I believed everything you threw my way
Should have realized you were lying to me
The bridges I burned to be with you then
As these floods wash over me I don’t fight
Cries like a lion climbing up my throat
The only sounds that escapes my thin lips
Your name shouted out loud in ugly vain
The glistening of your smile blinded me
Everyone but me had their suspicions
Why did you leave me to here burn alone
Don’t waste your time trying to convince me
I am already gone time to face it
Staring at the clock as time vanishes
Feeling the sun set in El Salvador
No words describe these extremities here
I will forget, but you will remember
When I leave this island called paradise
I will leave all of which you meant to me
Cheers to our sweet goodbye I won’t miss you
To new beginnings and happy endings
Memories of us locked in the ocean



No comments:

Post a Comment