Monday, May 20, 2013

Goodbye By Amber Rose


A current like a noise machine through sleep.
I find myself here with you beside me
Sitting here while the fall breeze blows through me
In the distance I can hear waves crashing

My toes warm; curled in the warmth of the sand
The smell of your perfume drowning my nose
As soon as I see your face it all fades
I can’t bring myself to wake from this dream

Grabbing your hand trying to hold on tight
The black hole grows stronger pulling me back
Eyes closed tightly memorizing your face
I picture the rusty old bench once more

Memories of you rushing through my veins
I scream your name as your fingers lose grip
Your snow colored hair is the last I see
Now these four walls surround me I can’t breathe

I try to remember it’s all a dream
But the tears flowing taste so salty real
The sting of reality invades me here
Ticking and tocking another year by            
Shadows become the essence of your face
Things we once enjoyed ruined by this fate
I sing alone in this dark dreary room
Praying you back for one minute longer

Cold sweats wake me as I shout out your name
A sweet memory of you turned to sour
Sometimes I go there in hopes to find you
Only to realize the sky is your home

No comments:

Post a Comment