Thursday, May 9, 2013

Oh Gosh!


Oh Gosh! By: Lauren Jernberg

Sitting on the porch waiting
For the paint to dry.
Paint can on my right can opener on my left.
Got my lemonade and bendy straw
With half a sandwich left from lunch.
My adorable kitten purrs as I
Pet it. A sprinkler is on in the
Neighbor’s yard creating a rainbow like arch.
I am reminded of home.
Being with family and having a good time.
It didn’t matter where we were as long
As we were all there together.
A kite flies high above me.
Children are laughing as they attack
Each other with silly string. Others
Are in an intense conversation about heroes.
I decide the best hero is one who protects
Who they love. The telephone inside rings.
As I walk in I notice cake crumbs form the
Hawaiian themed party last night.
I pick up the phone and it is the IRS.
They are looking for a guy named Joe.
 They have the wrong number.
I write on my chalkboard things I
Need to do. I add practice the cello and
Go to the desert to my to do list along with
Visit a light house. I look out my window
To see Abhishek frolicking through a field.
I walk to the couch to watch TV
Obama is speaking and I fall right to sleep.
I have a dream where I am at the beach
With Benjamin Franklin. I am filling a sand bucket
When a mermaid asks if I want to go to Atlantis.
I say of course but how. She tells me to brilliant.
This is a dance move and I am in a castle
With King Hennery  the eighth. He tries to kill me
Since I am his wife but not before
I grab an icicle and stab him first.
I wake up and the paint is dry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment