Thursday, May 9, 2013

Oh Gosh… by Dan-Vy Nguyen


Oh Gosh… by Dan-Vy Nguyen

Swimming my way to Atlantis,
Soundtrack provided by Mozart,
I think of the light house that reminds me of home.
The place my family gathered to spend time together
Remembering the times we flew the kite,
The time we cut the chalkboard with the can opener,
And all the times we made prank telephone calls.

Where the sprinkler sprayed water in a rainbow
Across the dry desert.
Drink my fruit punch with a bendable straw,
Chilled with an icicle,

Eating delicious Hawaiian food,
Served especially for my father.
Even the cake crumbs are mouth watering.

As we sat there,
Waiting for the IRS take the kitten away,
The brilliant Abhishek Obama,
The Mermaid swam to shore,
With my sand bucket taken by the ocean,

As King Henry VIII pretending to play the cello,
While anxiously waiting with a paint can and silly string.
Oh gosh…

No comments:

Post a Comment