Thursday, May 9, 2013

Big Eyed Bird
by: JoJo Ball

The sun rising over the mountains.
It hurts mu big eyes,
these eyes that were given
to me for what I did.
I saw him working,
creating, sampling,
all the life around me.
I couldn't keep my
big mouth closed.
I had to tell,
but he worked in secret
alone by himself,
unwatched he thought.
I saw him and my face
gleamed with excitement.
I flew to my friends
to tell them of the new
creations that were coming.
But I wasn't supposed
to know of them.
He was angry when
he came to our home
In search of the one.
The one who saw him work.
The one that babbled
away the secrets.
My friends told him
and soon he was
in front of me.
The anger steaming off
of him hit and visible.
My face showed fear
and with my eyes,
wide as the ocean,
my face was stuck.
Now as the sun comes over the mountains
and the light hurts my eyes
I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment