Sunday, June 2, 2013

Trees by Alyssa Abell

I never knew I could see
trees, countless, emerald and sage.
Trees drenched in Oregonian rain,
the air crisp from their kiss.
driving to the beach, this
a new sight to me,
the world is so full of life here.
Trees, arms extended to the stars,
singing the winds solemn chorus.
Living here, I have seen
much more life, varied and vibrant.
Oregon is blessed with trees,
and fern, moss, lichen, grasses,
life.
This western coast veiled
in mother nature's blessed
children, humble and kind.
Praying to her, they teach
how to love her, love ourselves.
Oregon, trees like a sea,
waves over the mountains,
deep in the valleys,
crash into suburbia.
Tucked in by Mother,
Our earthy blanket.
Trees.

-------------------------------------

Poem of the Day: Trees

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

Source: Poetry (August 1913).

Joyce Kilmer

No comments:

Post a Comment