Sunday, May 12, 2013

What I learned from my mother by Kody Cayson

I learned from my mother how to be caring and thoughtful.
I learned to say please and thank you,
And to clean up after myself.
I learned to be kind and she showed me
Right from wrong.
She taught me to use my words and not my fists,
Not all problems have a solution,
And that I’ll never know everything.
She is the best person I have ever met,
A Nurse for a career and a therapist just for me.
Such a giver asking nothing in return,
Wanting the best for me.
Nice to all, all the time. Hard work it must be.
Needs of others might be more important than my own.
Many lives she touches at work,
With them in their most vulnerable time.
Trusted with their hearts and other organs,
They are in good hands with my mom.
Looking forward to the late night talks
With a bottle of wine.
Glass half full, sunny side up, smile wide.
Hope I can make you proud.

Mom (and dad) always by my side.

(imitation of Julia Kasdorf's "What I learned from my Mother")

No comments:

Post a Comment