Friday, May 3, 2013

Sunday Afternoon by: Nicole Busch


Sunday Afternoon
By: Nicole Busch

Laying out in the sun on a perfect
Sunday afternoon is just like heaven.
I had just gotten off work, it was rough
Not just for me, but for the boss, so strict.

Wearing an orange tank, and long khaki pants
My cap shielding the bright rays off my face,
The dog behind me choosing his pickings,
His dark skin, black like the middle of the night.

My eyes closing shut, from waking up at
Around six that morning to get ready
For the long, hard day at work waiting for
Me, taunting and lingering in my mind.

The afternoon sun shinning so brightly,
Like a giant yellow stress ball hanging
Up in the pretty bright blue cloudless sky.

Kids up frolicking around left and right,
Flying pretty kites as high as the sky
Playing with their parents smiling, happy.

Men rowing in the crystal blue river
So in sync yelling loudly, “Row, Row, Row!”
Their tired, fit bodies sticking out like
A grey rock in a pile of diamonds.

Now I lay back down and start to observe
Slowly moving my deep blue eyes, I pull
My fashionable cap over to shield
My watchful gaze at life all around me.

A beautiful girl starts to notice me
As if in conspiracy with my sly
Watching, she turns toward me and smiles back,
Knowing she shares in my observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment