Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spring on Campus By: Lauren Jernberg


Spring on Campus By Lauren Jernberg

A great big building with windows
Galor stands alone. Pairs of people
sit outside talking about things to come.
Midterms most likely. The rody bushes
Are in full bloom just like the ones at home.
At least that’s what I assume.
Bright and pink I can imagine my dog
Running around chasing squirrels as
They run up trees. Their chirps sound like
Laughter as my dog barks away. She runs
Through the bushes taking flowers as she does.
She tramples over things like an elephant.
A tree has bent over and clings to life.
Probably growing out of spite.
Somewhere birds are fighting over what to eat.
My siblings never agree with me. We tend
To argue about most things.
Sometimes when we do agree we laugh
Till someone says you are wrong.
In the church like building is a
Women singing scales. When I was
In choir we did the same thing.
I was able to hit many high notes.
But I did not sound like her angelic voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment