Monday, May 13, 2013

Sarcasm by Kimberly Coverly


Sarcasm by Kimberly Coverly

One day you might wonder,
How do you tell someone to piss off,
With a genuine smile on your face?
My answer to life’s biggest question?
Sarcasm.

We all have those days,
When the sun just doesn’t shine,
And the rain seeps into your new boots.
“That’s just frickin’ great!”
Sarcasm.

When that idiot in the Mercedes Benz
Takes the parking spot you waited five minutes for,
Then walks past your car with a smirk,
“Thank you sir! I didn’t need a spot today!”
Sarcasm.

When your professor assigns a paper,
Due in the same week, ten pages,
Then grades it like you had a month,
“I’m so glad I have no other classes and spent every minute on this!”
Sarcasm.

When you try to write a poem,
And then it is torn apart,
Because, let’s be honest it isn’t that funny,
“Darn, I really wanted to be Poet Laureate.”
Not sarcasm.




No comments:

Post a Comment