Sunday, May 19, 2013

Partner Poem Amber Rose


All of the new thinking is about loss
Reminiscing about what we once had
Smiling to myself about our Sundays
Lying in bed saying nothing at all
Not a worry of the day just here, now
Circling back to the truth in front of me
The truth that I must now rise and go on
To a job I hate, in a town I love
A town full of faces I do not know
I think of the radio in the car
How it sings away, not thinking about
The genre or tone only singing of
Only singing of love and of tractors
Of loss and mirrors, how deep it seems here
Gazing out the window wondering why
Dreaming of traveling the world alone
A time full of growth, faith, and adventures
Singing a love song as I get to work
Greeted by all these amused expressions
Walking to my office she passes by
Nothing is chiefly special about her
Wearing a poncho, dewy from the rain
In fact, her drabness is what caught my eye
In the flash of lights and whirl of people
And here I am struck and stunned by nothing
Nothing but her confidence in herself
Glowing in a way she doesn’t realize
So I strike a word and play the hangman 
Throwing my letters around like nothing
Shocked at how fast she understands my word

No comments:

Post a Comment