Thursday, May 9, 2013

On a Brazillian Night by Aidyn Smith

A tree on the ground lays silent.
A hopeless, hapless, tragic sight,
A loss. A triumph. A violent
Greeting to an unwelcome fight.
Rings count the years in quiet solace.
Within the rings, a man sits and waits.
He looks at the world through a wooden gaze.
I wonder what he sees.
I cannot care to ponder his fate.
Does he want for this tragedy?
Does he wish to breath the fresh air?
He breaths, the grainy land hard at his lips.
A tremulous and delicate touch holds his
Solitary heart at a fathoms depth,
His limbs grasping for pulsing thought.
To kiss the sky was all he dreamt of


In his communal loneliness.


As I think of this, I am cold.
A shiver runs my spine.
To chase the chill and warm my touch,
I threw another log on the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment