Thursday, May 2, 2013

My Name is Belinda- By Heidi Curtis

My Name is Belinda
(Persona poem from the maids point of view in the painting "The Singing Butler")

It is ridiculously cold outside
I can't believe what I was roped into

I'm going to be blown over by the wind

I really don't know who they think they are
But this maid gig really does pay well 'round here

Wonder if mom got the money I sent...

Did Geoffrey really just start singing?
I'm sure dying cars sound better than this...

Look at them dancing! They look so carefree...

Now I wonder what Victor's wife would think...
I'm not going to tell or anything
Divorce would probably end my paychecks

Money in my pocket, then my lips are sealed.

Geoffrey's boss.... Olivia? What's her deal?
I'm pretty sure that she is married too...

Ugh yet there they are in each other's arms....

I never understood cheating
the forbidden aspect is alluring
but why would you hurt someone that you love?

Even if they aren't in love anymore
why wouldn't they end it and start over?

But alas... I'm ONLY 24....
" Oh my Belinda you're such a child!"
I'll kick the next person to call me that.

because if dancing barefoot on the sand
entwined with another woman's husband
is an "adult" thing to do... NO THANK YOU!

HOLY COW! when are we going to leave here?
They are definitely going to pay
when I get pneumonia because of this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment